Check out this delicious Beef, Spinach & Mushroom Lasagna from Two Thirds Cup. Absolutely delicious and serves 9 people.
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 med onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups mushrooms, diced
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 lb grass-fed ground beef
32 oz marinara sauce
unrefined sea salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1½ cups chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
15 oz ricotta cheese
⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
12 no boil lasagna noodles
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
3. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
4. Add garlic, mushrooms, oregano, and red pepper flakes and cook for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
5. Add ground beef and cook until browned.
6. Add marinara sauce and simmer for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. In a large mixing bowl combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan, egg and mix well.
9. In a 9x13 baking dish, cover the bottom with about 1½ cups of meat sauce.
10. Take four noodles and spread about half of the cheese/spinach mixture on them.
11. Place the noodles on top of the meat sauce.
12. Top with about ½ of the remaining meat sauce mixture.
13. Take another four noodles and spread the remaining cheese mixture on top, place them in the dish.
14. Place the last four noodles on top of the cheese mixture.
15. Pour all of the remaining sauce over the noodles.
16. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
17. Cover dish loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes (you may want to set it on a baking sheet to catch any drips).
18. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly bubbly.
19. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.