Nothing will get the family’s attention like cheeseburger quesadillas. Filled with all your favorite traditional burger toppings, this fun new way to eat a “cheeseburger” will surely have the kids asking for seconds.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
8 oz (227g) fresh crimini mushrooms
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 lb (225g) lean ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
2 cups cheddar cheese
½ small red onion, sliced
2 small roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
¼ cup (60 mL) dill pickles, sliced
1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
½ cup (125 mL) Miracle Whip
2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
2 tbsp (30 mL) yellow mustard
2 tbsp (30 mL) relish
2 tbsp (30 mL) onion, finely diced
1 tsp (5 mL) white sugar
1. Place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. In a large saucepan, brown mushrooms until moisture has been released, approximately 5-6 minutes. Add onion, beef and garlic, continue to cook for 10 minutes or until ground beef is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, combine all burger sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Place one tortilla in the bottom of a dry grill pan. Sprinkle with cheese, red onion, tomatoes, and dill pickles. Spoon on meat mixture. Top with the second tortilla. If your grill pan comes with a Panini press (lid) place preheated press on top of tortilla. If no press is available, carefully flip the quesadilla over using a spatula.
5. Remove from skillet and cut into wedges. Serve topped with fresh shredded lettuce and burger sauce.