A chicken & mushroom combination is a classic. Not only are they good to eat but also a great source of protein. You will find a number of recipes for this all-time favourite meal but not as healthy as this one. Dinesh Prasad Bhatt, executive chef, Eatonomist.com has created a recipe that mostly uses fresh ingredients and is big on carrying the Italian legacy forward but with a twist. The tangy tomato-rich red sauce will make you drool. Try it out this weekend or any other day, really. You will love it.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
150 g- Chicken
½ tbsp- Salt
¼ tbsp- Crush black Pepper
2 mince- Garlic cloves
½ cup- Olive Oil
½ tbsp- Fresh Thyme
1 bowl- Button Mushroom
½ bowl- Chopped Onion
3 cups- Low fat milk
1 ½ tsp- Basil
1 cup- Basil tomato sauce
1. Slice the chicken and marinate it with salt, pepper, olive oil and fresh thyme. Keep it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
2. Wash the button mushroom properly and cut it into slices.
3. Saute chopped onion, garlic, fresh thyme in olive oil and add the mushroom to it along with some salt and crushed black pepper.
4. Add some low-fat milk and stir it till the milk evaporates. Keep aside once it is done.
5. Now, take out the sliced chicken and seal it in the non-stick pan.
6. Make a layer with mushroom and add some basil tomato sauce.
7. Garnish it with some fresh basil, olives, and ricotta cheese and bake in the oven for 10 mins.
Full Recipe: Indian Express.