Check out this delicious Crab Stuffed Mushrooms recipe from Serena Bakes Simply. It takes a total of 40 minutes to prepare and cook.
16-24 whole Large Button Or Crimini Mushrooms Wiped Clean and Stems Removed
2 teaspoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Shallots, Minced
1/3 cup Mushroom Stems, Finely Chopped
8 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
2 tablespoon Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
2 tablespoons Fresh Chives, Minced
1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, Minced
1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce Or To Taste (Optional)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2- 3/4 pound Shelled Lump Crab Meat
3 tablespoons Panko Bread Crumbs
1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
1 tablespoon Melted Butter Plus More For Greasing Pan
For Serving: Additional Chopped Chives, Chopped Dill, and Lemon Wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Butter a large baking dish, add cleaned mushroom caps, and set aside.
3. In a medium skillet heat olive until hot over medium-high heat. Add shallot, and cook until caramelized. Add mushroom stems, and cook until softened. Allow to cool until warm.
4. Cream together sautéed shallot mixture, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, lemon juice, chives, dill, hot sauce, and salt until well combined. Fold in crab meat.
5. Using 2 tablespoons or a standard sized cookie scoop fill mushroom caps until mounded with filling.
6. In a small bowl stir together panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and butter until well combined.
7. Evenly sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the top of mushrooms.
8. Bake for 16-20 minutes, until golden brown.
9. Sprinkle with additional chives, and dill, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges.