Store-bought pizza dough along with marinated artichoke, Portobello mushrooms, Gruyère cheese and topped in the end with prosciutto cubetti make for an outstanding five ingredient pizza. Perfect for parties, in bite-sized pieces.
Store-bought pizza dough (or make your own)
1½ cups grated Gruyère cheese (or any mild white cheese…Fontina would be great, Mozzarella, or Swiss)
6 ounces marinated artichoke pieces, drained of liquid, chopped
½ cup sliced Portobello mushrooms
¼ cup diced Prosciutto (I bought some cubetti from the deli)
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Dust a work surface with cornmeal and roll out the pizza dough (mine was a 10″ round).
3. Transfer to a baking sheet, or onto a piece of parchment paper if you’re going to bake the pizza on a stone.
4. Place the dough in the oven and bake for about 8 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the dough, add the artichoke pieces and mushrooms over the cheese.
7. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper.
8. Return the pizza to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the edges are browned.
9. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle with the diced prosciutto.
10. Serve hot.
Full Recipe: The Saucy Southerner.