Check out this Fried Stuffed Mushroom Recipe from La Petitie Brioche. Super delicious and make the perfect appetizer!
8 oz onion and chive flavored cream cheese
1/4 ts. garlic powder
1/4 ts. cayenne pepper
1/2 ts. salt
1/4 ts. pepper
1 ts. Tabasco sauce, optional
20 large button mushrooms
1, 8oz package Panko bread crumbs
3 beaten eggs
1 cup flour
Oil for deep frying
1. Start with clean mushrooms.
2. Separate the stem from the mushroom cap by gently wiggling the stem back and forth. It should pop out. Do this for all the mushrooms, then set aside.
3. Mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cayenne, Tabasco, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
4. Take a heaping teaspoon full of the cream cheese filling and stuff it inside the cap. Continue stuffing all the mushrooms.
5. Take 3 bowls. Fill the first bowl with the flour, fill the second bowl with the beaten egg and the third bowl with the Panko bread crumbs.
6. Dredge the mushroom cap in flour and shake off the excess.
7. Next, dip the mushroom in the beaten egg, making sure the entire mushroom is coated.
8. Last, coat it with the bread crumbs. (Note, if you like a thick, crunchy coating like I do, then re-dip the mushrooms back into the egg and then the bread crumbs for a second time).
9. Finish coating all the mushrooms and then let it sit for 10 minutes to set the coating. After 10 minutes, put the mushrooms in the freezer for 30 minutes. I like to think this helps set the cream cheese so it doesn’t ooze out in the hot oil.
10. Heat your oil on medium heat.
11. Fry until golden brown.
12. Best when served hot with lemons.