Try this delicious Garlic Mushroom & Manchego Baked Egg Bread Boats. Perfect for brunch, Total Time: 35 mins.
4 large crusty bread rolls (baguettes/ciabatta)
10 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
knob of butter
5 large eggs
4 tbsp cream or milk
salt and pepper
2 spring onions, sliced
100g (3.5 oz) manchego cheese, grated (or cheese of your choice)
1. Heat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Fry the mushrooms and garlic in the knob of butter with a little salt and pepper until golden and any liquid has evaporated.
3. Slice a V shape out of the top of each bread roll and remove most of the bread, leaving the crust intact.
4. Whisk together the eggs and cream and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mushrooms between the rolls, top with half of the cheese and most of the spring onion, reserving some to sprinkle over the top.
5. Carefully fill the bread boats with the egg mixture, filling them no more than ¾ of the way up as the egg will puff up a little in the oven. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and spring onion.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the egg is set; serve warm.
Full Recipe: Domestic Gothess.