If you’re a big stuffed mushroom fan in general, you’ll go wild for these cute lil’ pine nut stuffed mushrooms. You’re probably going to giggle when I say this, but these cute bite-sized snacks are the 2012 of stuffed mushrooms. Seriously.
24 large button mushrooms
¼ cup white onion, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ cup cooked brown rice
2 carrots, peeled and grated
½ cup pine nuts, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. organic salsa
1 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
2 chives, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
2. Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Set mushroom caps aside; discard stems.
3. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent, approximately 6 minutes.
4. Add cooked brown rice, quinoa, carrots, pine nuts, salsa, sea salt and pepper; cook until warm, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Using a teaspoon, transfer rice mixture in each mushroom cap. Slightly over-stuff mushroom caps with rice mixture.
6. Place stuffed mushrooms in a single layer on prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven; garnish with fresh chives.
8. Serve warm.
Full Recipe: The Healthy Apple.