Full Recipe: Little Broken.
Juicy portobello mushrooms topped with fresh caprese salad! Simple, yet flavorful side that is delicious all summer long!
4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed (1¼ lbs. total)
3 medium tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for mushrooms
Balsamic glaze, optional
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat the grill on medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle the inside of the mushroom caps with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Flip and drizzle the outside with oil, rubbing with your hands to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Grill the mushroom caps for about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove to a platter, gill side up.
4. Prepare the caprese salad by combining tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Top the mushroom caps with the salad. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, if desired, and serve immediately.