This grilled wild mushroom pizza uses naan as a base and is loaded with mushrooms! The umami and acidity of the Parmesan and goat cheese balance out the richness of the mushrooms and truffle oil. It’s a great meal if you need to throw something together quickly.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 Cup white or red onion, chopped
8 Ounces baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
3.5 Ounces fresh shiitakes, cleaned and sliced
1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmesan
4 Ounces goat cheese
4 Tablespoons truffle oil
Chopped fresh parsley and chopped green onions, for garnish
2 naan bread
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a medium skillet. Add chopped onions and saute until softened.
2. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms have released their juice and the pan is dry- about 5-10 minutes. While mushrooms are sauteing, start preheating your grill.
3. Heat it to medium and oil the grate. Brush each na’an with 1 T truffle or olive oil. Sprinkle each with about 1 1/2 T of Parmesan.
4. Top each with 1/2 of the mushrooms. Top each with 2 oz of goat cheese. Turn preheated grill down to low.
5. Place na’an pizzas on oiled grill grate. Grill covered for about 10 minutes or until sufficiently browned. Watch carefully for hot spots on the grill, so that your pizza doesn’t burn. You don’t want them to cook too fast so adjust your grill accordingly. They should be golden on the bottom of the bread. Bread burns easily, so watch diligently!
6. Remove from grill and drizzle each with about 1 T of truffle oil. Sprinkle each with another 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Sprinkle lightly with truffle salt, if using. Garnish with parsley and onions.
Full Recipe: The Daily Meal.