These Hot Mushroom Turnovers are great! Prep time does not include chilling time for the dough.
1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
1 & 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 fresh mushrooms, minced
1 medium onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons flour
1 egg, beaten
1. For the shell, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, flour and butter until smooth.
2. Shape into a large ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in the butter until tender.
4. Stir in sour cream, spices and 2 tablespoons flour; stirring until smooth.
5. Set aside.
6. On a floured surface, roll half of the dough 1/8 inch thick.
7. With a floured small round cookie cutter (or glass), cut out as many circles as possible.
8. Repeat with remaining dough.
9. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
10. Onto one half of each circle of dough, place a teaspoon of mushroom mixture.
11. Brush edges of dough circle with some egg; fold dough over filling.
12. With fork, firmly press edges of dough circle to seal and prick the tops.
13. Place turnovers on ungreased cookie sheet and brush tops with remaining egg.
14. Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
Full Recipe: Food.