It’s the perfect time to try out my newest recipe…this one pot chicken & mushroom pasta is simple and delicious!
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
1 tsp + 1/2 tsp salt (divided)
1 tsp + 1/2tsp ground black pepper (divided)
8 oz portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed through garlic press
1 cup pasta sauce (low sodium)
2 cups water
2 cups pasta of your choice (I used Whole Wheat Rotini)
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
Grated parmesan, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a dutch oven (or a pan that can be placed in oven), heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium to high heat. Season the chicken thighs with about 1 tsp salt and pepper (may use more or less depending on size of thighs)
2. Sear chicken thighs on each side, about 1-2 minutes, or until they have browned. You do not want to cook them through. After both sides have browned, remove from dutch oven and set aside.
3. Add in remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil and mushrooms. Stirring frequently, add in remaining salt and pepper and cook until they have shrunk in size and are mostly cooked.
4. Add garlic, stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add in pasta sauce and water. Bring to a boil and then add in pasta and chicken thighs.
5. Bake, covered for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from oven, add cheese and bake a remaining 5 minutes, uncovered.
6. Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan!
Full Recipe: Love and Grub.