These Mushroom Beef Burgers are moist and flavorful cooked up on the grill and ready in under 30 minutes.
1 pound lean farm raised ground beef
5-ounce gourmet blend mushrooms, sliced
½ cup finely chopped yellow onion, about ⅓ medium yellow onion
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
4 slices swiss cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook stirring until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and dice.
2. Meanwhile combine egg, Italian seasoning, and Worcestershire in a large bowl and whisk. Toss in onion, diced mushroom, and ground beef.
3. Using your hands squeeze ingredients together so that it becomes completely combined. Once combined, divide into fourths. Tightly pack each fourth into a tight ball. Place onto a plate and push down gently. Put in refrigerator to firm up.
4. Heat grill to medium heat, place burgers on hot grill and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook an additional 5 minutes. Turn off grill heat, place cheese on each burger and cover grill until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
5. Remove and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
6. Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings.
Full Recipe: A Healthy Life For Me.