Check out this Mushroom Burger Topped with Brie, Zesty Relish & Deep Fried Sweet Pickles. Finely chopped mushrooms blend seamless with the lean beef & pork in this juicy burger. Smothered with creamy brie and Zesty Onion Relish, the deep fried sweet pickles are like the cherry-on-top of this great tasting burger!
1 lb. fresh crimini mushrooms, finely chopped and cooked
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 lb. lean ground pork
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1/2 tsp dehydrated minced garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dehydrated minced onion
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
3 slices of brie
1 heaping spoonful of Bick’s Zesty Onion Relish
3-5 slices of deep fried sweet pickles to top
1. In a food processor, finely chop mushrooms.
2. In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, cook chopped mushrooms until most of the moisture has been evaporated, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooled mushrooms, beef, pork, breadcrumbs, egg, and spices. Using your hand mix until incorporated.
4. Form into patties, and cook either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Turn off BBQ and place brie on patties. Keep warm until brie starts to melt. Remove from grill.
6. Place burger patty on buns and top with relish. Place deep-fried sweet pickles on top and using a skewer, secure them in place. Serve hot!
Deep Fried Pickles
1 cup of Bick’s Yum Yum Sweet Pickles
1. Heat oil in medium sized pot to 375°F.
2. In three shallow bowls place flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs.
3. Dip each sweet pickle into flour mixture, then into egg, then coat pickle with bread crumbs.
4. After all, pickles have been breaded, begin to fry in batches. Fry in hot oil for 3-4 minutes, turning once, or until deep golden brown. Remove pickles and place on paper towel to drain.
Full Recipe: My Daily Randomness.