This cheesy, whole grain pizza is topped with garlicky, rosemary roasted mushrooms packed with so much flavor your family won’t miss the meat!
two 8-ounce packages sliced mushrooms (baby bellas or white button work well)
3 garlic cloves – grated
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary – minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon chili flakes
1 pound ball whole grain pizza dough – homemade or store-bought
½ cup pizza sauce – homemade or store-bought
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
fresh arugula and red onion slices – optional garnish
1. If using a pizza stone, place in the bottom rack of cold oven to prevent cracking.
2. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Sprinkle mushrooms on the prepared baking sheet along with garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt and chili flakes.
3. Using your hands, toss mushrooms until evenly coated with oil and seasonings. Roast mushrooms for 10-12 minutes or until caramelized; set aside.
4. Sprinkle corn meal or flour on a pizza peel or piece of parchment paper. Stretch out dough until you get a nice round circle.
5. Using a spoon, spread pizza sauce all over the center of the dough, leaving 1 inch border for the crust. Sprinkle evenly with cheese then top with roasted mushrooms.
6. Carefully transfer pizza to the pre-heated stone in the oven (or an oiled baking sheet) and bake until cheese is bubbly and golden brown, 12-14 minutes.
7. Using a pizza wheel, slice into 8 pieces and serve with fresh arugula and onion slices.
Full Recipe: The Lemon Bowl.