This creamy, cheesy Mushroom & White Truffle Mac and Cheese can be made in one skillet and in under 30 minutes. It combines truffle oil, mushrooms and parmesan cheese for a super tasty variation on traditional macaroni and cheese.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 tsp fresh thyme
3 cups pasta*
2 cups water
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2-3 tbsp flour
2 tsp white truffle oil, more to taste
2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, more to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and thyme, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are just starting to cook.
2. Add in pasta, water, and milk and turn heat up to high; bring to a boil and cook until noodles are soft.
3. Turn heat down to medium and add in 2 tbsp of flour, stirring really well.
4. Add in truffle oil and cheese, stirring. If mixture still isn’t thick enough, add in 1 more tbsp of flour.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy OR:
Optional: turn broiler on high and place skillet (as long as it’s oven-safe) in oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese turns slightly golden in color.
Full Recipe: The Almond Eater.