A couple of things that make these Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms extra yummy are using a great quality pizza sauce and adding chopped fresh basil after cooking. If you have a local Italian market, ask for suggestions for a fabulous pizza sauce! And of course, fresh basil is SO amazing and makes everything taste totally incredible!
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 can pizza sauce
mini pepperoni (or your favorite toppings)
basil for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Using a small spoon, scoop out insides of mushrooms to allow enough room for filling.
3. Finely chop mushroom stems. Add olive oil, garlic and chopped mushroom stems to a pan over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, cool slightly.
4. Stuff mushroom stems in mushroom caps. Top each with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, 1 tablespoon cheese and 3 mini pepperoni.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and cheese is browned and bubbly.
6. Cool slightly before serving.
Full Recipe: Spend with Pennies.