Try this Quick Mushroom Bolognese tonight for dinner.
1 pound fresh tagliatelle pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 1/2 pounds mixed wild mushrooms (such as button and cremini, ground in the food processor)
1 small yellow onion (finely diced or grated)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2-3 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup pasta water (reserved)
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop the pasta and cook for 4 minutes.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add olive oil and thyme leaves. Once hot, add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Season with salt and cook for 3-4 minutes, until browned and softened. Add the tomato paste and cook for one more minute. Add the milk and pasta water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain the pasta and add it to the bolognese. Toss to coat.
– Use your favorite mushrooms in the sauce.
– Substitute tagliatelle with fettucini or pappardelle.
Full Recipe: ABC.