This Roast Chicken & Creamy Garlic Mushroom Burger from Kitchen Sanctuary is absolutely delicious!
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME: TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
SERVES: 4 Burgers
AUTHOR: Kitchen Sanctuary
– 4 brioche burger rolls (if you want to make them yourself, the recipe is here)
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 8 medium mushrooms (chestnut or mini portabella are good), sliced
– Good pinch of salt and pepper
– 6 rashers of streaky bacon (smoked or unsmoked – depending on your preference), cut in half widthways
– 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
– 6 tbsp double (full fat) cream
– 100g/1 cup strong cheddar cheese, grated
– 1 large handful of baby spinach leaves (about 25g)
– 2 large, well seasoned, roasted chicken breasts, sliced (skin left on)
1. Place two frying pans on a medium-to-high heat. Place 1.5tbsp oil in one, and ½ a tsp oil in the other. Once the oil is hot, place the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper in the pan with more oil in, and the streaky bacon in the pan with less oil in. Cook both the mushrooms and the bacon until dark and a little crispy.
2. Place the bacon and half of the mushrooms on a warm plate.
3. Cut your brioche rolls in half and lightly toast the insides under the grill. When toasted, place the rolls cut-side-down in the bacon pan, and allow the rolls to cook a little more in the leftover bacon fat. Take out once the rolls are darker brown and the fat has been absorbed. Place the rolls on plates.
4. Add the garlic to the remaining mushrooms and cook on a low heat for a minute, then add in the cream and cheese and bring it to a gentle bubble. Let it bubble lightly whilst you start putting the burgers together.
5. Divide the spinach between the 4 burger rolls, then top with the fried mushrooms and sliced chicken. Spoon the cheesy mushroom sauce over the chicken and then top with the crispy bacon. Place the top of the burger roll on top and serve.