Mushroom Pizza Bites have all the flavors of a mushroom and spinach pizza minus the carbs…so go ahead enjoy!
Author: Marjory Pilley
8 ounce package of mushrooms, white or baby bella
1 Tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup pizza sauce
10-15 baby spinach leaves.
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Brush dirt from mushrooms with a damp cloth or brush.
3. Pop out stems and scoop membranes out with a small spoon,
4. Brush outsides of mushrooms with olive oil using a pastry brush.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Mushrooms should be tender, but still firm.
6. Remove mushrooms from oven and change setting to broil.
7. Stack about 5 spinach leaves, roll them and then cut into thin strips. Repeat with remaining spinach leaves.
8. Spoon sauce into mushroom cavity. (The amount will vary based upon the size of the mushroom.)
9. Top sauce with spinach leaves and then mozzarella cheese.
10. Return mushrooms to oven and broil for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Full Recipe: Dinner Mom Mom.