This delicious Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Mushrooms is the perfect recipe for a Sunday!
Time: 45-60 minutes
Author: Euphoric Vegan
- 1.5 cups sweet potato mash (1 large sweet potato)
- 1-1.5 cups plain flour
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 150g baby chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup dried mushroom pieces
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1. Begin by adding the cashew nuts, dried mushrooms, warm water, garlic powder, mustard, lemon juice, parsley and a pinch of black pepper to the blender, leave to soak whilst you make the gnocchi.
2. Put the cooked sweet potato mash in a bowl (either roasted or microwaved), and combine with a pinch of salt, black pepper and 1-1.5 cups of flour until a dough is formed. Then divide into portions, roll into a long sausage shape, cut and roll using a fork – instructions for the rolling can be found in the text of this post above.
3. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then carefully add the gnocchi to the water and boil for 5-7 minutes, until the gnocchi no longer taste floury.
4. Meanwhile, chop the mushrooms and begin to fry these until slightly browned, then blend the sauce until smooth and add into the pan, along with the fresh thyme, a few ladles of the starchy, salted pasta water, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, then reduce the heat to low.
5. Using the slotted spoon transfer the cooked gnocchi into the sauce, stir to combine, serve up with a generous amount of black pepper and enjoy!